Friday 20 July 2012

Rye 10k Series

After not having a good run the week before I wanted to do another 10K race to improve my time and to reach my goal of getting a sub 50. Lucy and I headed to Rye together and the heavens had opened. When we reached Rye the rain had stopped but when we were warming up we could see grey thick cloud in the distance together with the sound of thunder!!! When we set off the rain started and was raining quite hard. It was good as it was very refreshing which I didn't mind. The route was straight out and back and flat.  All throughout the race I felt comfortable and wasn't dying compared to last week. I was running under 5 min K's with 30 secs to spare and after 6k I was getting less time to spare to get my sub 50. When I reached 9k I was 1 sec over to get sub 50. So for the last 1k I pushed it to get under.  I got to the finishing line and got my sub 50, 49:57 so I was very happy!!!  Lucy did great too and got another PB, getting 3rd lady, 1st senior and being in the ladies team so she took away 3 bottles of wine. Party round Lucys I think!!

Time 49:57
Splits 7:48, 7:59, 8:06, 8:11, 8:19, 8:08. 7:29
Position 3rd Senior Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment