Saturday 23 July 2011

Tuesday 19 July - Summer Handicap - PB by nearly 5 mins!

Tonight was the Club's Summer handicap. I started off from scratch with 10 runners. I took the lead but couldn't keep it up. First to over take me was young Charlotte and shortly by Tracey.  Soon after was young Laurel.  This was the first time I didn't have my ipod on at the handicap and all I could hear was my feet on the gravel.  Looping back I could hear Jo breathing behind me and she over took. I was able to run with Jo which kept my pace which was good. Near to the end Kirsty ran in from behind. Last years time was 43:59 and today I completed it in 39:02 so another PB by nearly 5 mins.I was really happy with my time.  We finished off with a bbq, great food and great company!

Distance 4.46 miles     Average Pace 8.44 min miles

No comments:

Post a Comment