Saturday 29 October 2011

XCountry Tonbridge

First XCountry of the season for me and first time doing XCountry. I don't really count Alton Towers as that was so extreme with all that mud! We arrived at the grounds of a school. 5k for us ladies doing 2 laps and 10k for men doing 4 laps.  A group of us did a warm up and tried the hill that was in front of us, it was so so long and steep. So from start we had to go up that hill and pretty much the course was up and down most of the way. Was great to see the men on side lines cheering us ladies on.  On the 2nd lap of the dreaded hill, I saw Mick, he was running up the hill with me giving me encouragement shouting to pick off the people in front one by one to over take. That really helped and managed to pick 3 people off in front of us. My bright pink spikes had managed to stay pink! That was a tough course but was fun.

Came 89th but don't know out of how many, but near to the last finishers.

Right off to the pub with friends from the club!

No comments:

Post a Comment