Sunday 30 October 2011

Great South Run - 10 Mile

I was good last night and had 3 vodkas and left the pub at 10.30 to go to bed! Was up so early that even ITV didn't have a programme on!  Had to leave at 5.30 with Ian but wasn't so bad as the clocks went back so really it was 6:30am.  We drove to Portsmouth and caught a train that took us near to the run. It was a bit of a walk and saw where I was going to run.  I went to my wave which was orange.  This one didn't quite have the hype and atmosphere of the Great North run.  Didn't have the big screens so couldn't see the elite runners. I was near to the front this time which was nice for a change for the big runs that I have done.  The first few miles were the best and got to run through the dockyard and saw the naval ships which was interesting. I had a clear run and was able to run in a straight line compared to Great North where I was running around people constantly.  The course was flat all of the way. The last 2 miles was back on the seafront. It was windy but it was as it was a cool breeze.  Another good run for me, PB again by nearly a minute.

Completed it in 1:34:48 so was really happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment