Monday 7 May 2012

First long run after the marathon

Bank Holiday Monday and fancied doing a long run to get back in the swing of things.  Will joined me and we set out to do 10 miles.  I took Will out on my marathon training route and we turned around by the Hythe Imperial.  We were both were feeling it around 7 miles and were struggling.  I had given Will my cold also we both had late nights. Near to the end we decided we would finish at the bottom on Zig Zag path, there wasn't a need to do 10 miles. After going up the steps to the coastal mark, we were close to 9 miles and we both gladly decided to stop at 9 miles. We both said if we ran on our own we would not have completed 9 miles and would of given up.

Splits 9:23, 9:22, 9:21, 9:26, 8:47, 9:18, 9:13, 9:05, 10:16 (last split walking up the steps)
Time 1:24:07
Distance 9 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment