Thursday 3 May 2012

The Three Kings

Earlier today Steve put on Facebook anyone up for the Three Kings. There was a bit of banter on fb saying I would see. Kirsty and I have said we would do the Three Kings but at a decent hour and after the marathon. So tonight was a decent hour and after the marathon. Kirsty and I were then persuaded to join Steve and Will. So from the club we headed to the town, ran down the Old High Street and then we were face with the face King, Remembrance Hill and that was tough. I kept going and didn't stop. I caught my breath back running along the Leas and then we headed down Sandgate Hill and spotted Jim and we ran with him for a little way. At the bottom of the hill we got a toot and it was Tim. We ran along through Sandgate and then it was the second King, Hospital Hill which I was dreading, I have never ran up it before. I have ran down it quite a few times as it is part of my marathon training route. It was long but it was a steady incline and I kept it going. We ran ran past the army barracks and then we took a turning down Oxenden Road and then it hit me about the possibility of running up the third King.  I said to Will its not that hill that is upright and next to the block of flats. Will said no.  When we were running down Oxenden Road, Kirsty and I could see that hill and again we asked Will and he said yes, its Romney Avenue.  We moaned at Will for lying to us but he said he had to as otherwise we wouldn't do it. When we got there, there was a long flat bit and actually it was a short sharp hill.  It was steep but it wasn't too bad.  We conquered it, we got to the top and worst of the run was over.  We then headed back to the club and Kirsty and I were dead chuffed we completed the Three Kings!!!!

Distance 7.5 miles
Time 1.10.12

Splits 9:24, 9:25, 9:11, 8:53, 9:24, 9:51, 9:25, 9:21

Great splits all under 10 minutes considering those hills!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment