Sunday 27 May 2012

Folkestone 10k

What a hot morning today, going to be sweltering, oh well. Can't moan about the sunshine.  This was Folkestone's first 10k which started along the seafront. A straight out and back route. It was a struggle running in the heat and at each water station I poured water over myself to cool me down.  I was aiming to get sub 50 but knew was unlikely in this heat.  Along the way, the marshalls were great and friends from the club cheered very enthusiasticly, Poppy winning that title.  Not long after the turning point we ran into a swarm of bees, I have never seen anything like it, I was ducking beneath the bees until we got through the other side. I was lucky not to get stung. The last stretch I was struggling, just too hot. Not a pb but still pleased considering just how hot it was.

Time 52:56
Splits 7:43, 8:17, 8:22, 8:40, 8:54, 8:54, 8:29

No comments:

Post a Comment