Sunday 3 June 2012

10 miles with the fast guys

Sunday morning and going out for a 10 mile run at 8am.  There was a good group of us that met at Chambers. Today there was Nikki,(birthday girl), Dave, Will, Mark, Steve, Rona and John.  We ran through town and down the Old High Street and getting onto the seafront.  I was surprised how comfortable I felt and was running 8 min miles, I wasn't able to hold a conversation but was able to say the odd few words.  We were approaching 10k and was close to a pb, so the gang helped me to push it but I was just outside my pb of about 30 secs.  The next mile mark for me for 10 miles and wanted a pb.  I was still running 8 min miles and was really pleased with myself. Everyone was supporting me to get there. From about 6 miles was thinking I could do 10 miles in 1:25 which is loads off my pb.  Now I was getting nearer and nearer and now 1:22 was on the cards, so I was doing well and the gang helped me along.  Well I have now reached 10 miles and did it in 1:22:38 which is fantastic, absolutely smashed it. My last 10 mile race was Great South and I did it in 1:34:48 and when I did Thanet 20 and reached half marathon I did that in 1:29, so I got loads of minutes off!!!  Then just after 10 miles came the zig zag path and decided to call it a day when I reached the top.

Time 1:22:38
Distance 10 miles
Splits 8:23, 8:16, 8:19, 8:20, 8:13, 8:01, 8:09, 8:21, 8:22, 8:10

No comments:

Post a Comment