Tuesday 12 June 2012

Ashford Relay

Tonight was the relay at Ashford. Each year they tend to change the route and distance.  Last year I took note of the distance which was 2.60 and was pleased to hear they kept the distance same but slightly a different route.

I was running in the B Team with Nikki and Kirsty and I was running third leg.  The route was two laps.  When I finished the first lap Folkestone Running Club cheered me on when I went past.  They were shouting that Tim was behind me but he was finishing but I had another lap to do.  I went round the corner to the far side and I still could hear my name.  Then I saw Rona who had ran across the grass and was cheering me on and was running with me giving encouragement.  After that I was heading at the back part of the course and then saw John and again he was cheering me giving me encouragement.  Then when I got to the end, Folkestone Running Club were there cheering me and then I heard some footsteps behind me and thought, no way that person is getting past me and made him run hard and I sprinted hard at the end and I got there first!!!

Was a good run, completed it in about 20:27, which is about 2.30 mins off last year.

The guy who was behind me and sprinted with me came over and shook my hand.

Distance 2.63
Time
Splits 7:38, 7:55, 7:48

Last year
Distance 2.60
Time 22:50
Splits 8:18, 9:05, 9:04


No comments:

Post a Comment