Sunday 17 June 2012

Staplehurst 10K

Another sunny day for racing.  Tim and I decided to do this one as it was a fast course and wanted to get my sub 50 and Tim's sub 40.  Also I would be happy getting a PB beating 50:40.  It wasn't chipped time so Tim and I along with Will got near to the front.  We did a lap on the grass before heading out in the country lanes.  Going out we were running towards the wind and it was very hot.  Again I was aiming for under 5 min Km's to reach my sub 50.  All was going well until just under 7km where I was on target for sub 50.  Just after 6km I reached a long hill and I struggled and ended up having to stop and walk for a bit.  I soon picked up but again had to stop and walk again.  On about 9km I was close to getting a PB but knew it was going to be tight.  As I approached the bend to the finish line I began to heave but I had to just keep running and I was heaving at the same time.  Then I saw Tim at the side line and I just couldn't stop myself from heaving, oh dear!!! When I reached the finishing line, I stopped and stood against the taped fence where the crowds where standing and I just couldn't stop.  The poor people who were standing there!!! I didn't quite get a PB, watch said 50:55 and later found out my time was 51:00. I then got my medal and collapsed on the ground where Tim could find me.  Eventually I was able to muster up to ask Tim how he got on.  Tim got his sub 40 which I was very pleased for him. He did it in 39:17, so quite a few seconds under 40.  We later found out Tim came 9th out of the whole race which was amazing!!! Well done Tim x

Splits 7:33, 8:06, 8:14, 8:09, 8:33, 8:31, 8:41

No comments:

Post a Comment