Sunday 24 June 2012

Podplus 5K around the Lakes

During the week Tim and I decided that we wanted to do Podplus 5k around the Lakes. At first we decided to enter on the day as we were going out in Canterbury the night before and thought we see how we feel in the morning. But seeing the price a few days before to enter on the day it was nearly double the price!!! Usually I feel fine after a night out so thought take a chance and just book it.

I woke up this morning to heavy rain and thought great, this is going to be a wet one!!  Also I wasn't feeling my best, oh well.  We got to the Julie Rose and I was feeling rough and very close to the verge of being sick. Still we had an hour to go.  We then met up with Yvonne. Tim and I did a couple laps of the track to warm up and did some dynamic stretches.

We were at the start line and the Race Director said 4k of the course was off road and was muddy.  We set out and very soon we came across puddles and then onto the grass which was uneven and was quite muddy in places.  During the run I was wasn't quite feeling my best but I was able to battle through at a decent pace.  As I entered back into the Julie Rose, time was tight for getting a PB.  It had remained dry throughout the race which was good and was ideal temperature.

I crossed the line at 25:56, which is 6 seconds off my PB. Tim's watch had died before the start of the race so he had to run without but Tim did well and got a PB and believes he got around the 20 minute mark or under and also got a position, being in the top 10.PB King and Queen strike again. I got chatting to a lady who came 3rd who had past me and after her I don't really remember being over taken by any other ladies or if I did it can't of been by many so hopefully I have got a good position.

Splits 7:49, 8:35, 8:48,8:03
Time 25:58
Position 5th

Next race is Samphire Hoe 5k, hopefully better terrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment