Wednesday 27 June 2012

Samphire Hoe 5K Series

Day 2 of going to Samphire Hoe with less wind. Was so windy yesterday.  There was a good turn out tonight, there was Tim, Rona, Yvonne, Dave Weekes, Daves Smyth and Kevin. Having a poor run Sunday even though I got a PB I should of got a better PB, so tonight was hopefully the night getting the time I wanted.  I was aiming to finish in 24 minute something.  We did the same route as last night, difference being at the start running the other way down the seafront and back again along the relay route.  Was less wind tonight and there was hope of getting a team prize with the ladies, Rona and Yvonne which was exciting. I ran well and got my pb!!! Finished 24:44.

Distance 5K
Time 24:44
Splits 7:25, 8:22, 7:56, 7:37
Position 4th Lady



We then went up to see the prize presentation.  Dave W was awarded 1st Prize and Vet 40, Rona 1st Lady, Dave Smyth Vet 50 and me 4th Lady.  I got a prize, a bottle of wine. I was really surprised, couldn't believe I got a prize.  I don't like the wine though!!!  Then Folkestone got the winning mens team which consisted of Dave W, Tim and Kevin and we also got the winning Ladies Team which consisted of Rona, Yvonne and myself.  Now it was time to party with all those bottles of wine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment