Thursday 1 December 2011

2 runs in a day - very unheard of!

This morning I had set out at 7.30am to fit in a 10 mile run before going into work. Had arranged to go into work a bit later.  I wasn't sure I was able to make the club tonight and also I knew I would be drinking this weekend and wouldn't want to do a long run. So I did my usual 10 mile route. I was running over 10 minute miles until I reached about mile 7 and 8 and then was running 9.30 min miles.  Around 8/9 miles it chucked it down and I got soaked!

Tonight I did make to the club in time.  But it was raining! We ran to the Leas and did our dynamic stretches and tonights session was 8 x 90 seconds with 1 min recovery. We did 2 lots of 90 seconds before turning round and going up hill to do 2 lots of 90 seconds.  It rained throughout the session and only a few of us braved to turn out. Again was running with Lynda, lost her on the last rep as she just flew off ahead and I couldn't keep up. I was very pleased with tonights session. My legs felt fine considering I did 10 miles this morning and was able to run fast quite consistently.

My times were 7:56, 7:27, 7:42, 7:25, 7:39, 7:10, 7:54. Distance covered 4.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment