Monday 12 December 2011

4 mile run with achy leg

Did my gym session lunch time. I did my usual routine.

I went out and did a 4 mile run. My right leg was achy from my fall Saturday and the bruise has come out even more now. Not long into the run I caught out in the down pour and I also saw Santa on his rounds!  On the run I was concentrating on the position of my arms.

Splits 9:41, 9:43, 9:00, 9:03  Completed in 37:25 not too bad considering my achy leg.

Another advent tip for you runners......Running is not only about the leg muscles - using the correct arm movement can make it easier. Relax the shoulders, hands and upper body, bend the arms at 90 degree angles and move them back to forth, not side to side.   ( I saw this on BUPA facebook page today after my run) Just like Dave said. 



No comments:

Post a Comment