Tuesday 20 December 2011

Winter Handicap and Marathon Draw

Tuesday is finally here, the night of the marathon draw. I haven't stopped going on about it today telling friends that I am going to find out tonight.  Firstly I had to run the handicap. I started off at 2 mins but I was on my own this time.  As soon as I got into the Golden Valley I managed to pick people off who had started off on scratch and 1 minute.  I felt better this time and felt stronger. Towards the end of the second loop I had started to get overtaken by runners who had started after me.  When I ran down the hill, Paul flew past me at great speed but when we got to the up hill, I soon over took him and then he caught me up again.  I got a PB tonight so the training is paying off. Was just under a minute I had managed to knock off.

Splits 7:44, 9:30, 8:59, 8:42, 7:52

Completed it in 37:55

We then got back to the club and had some food and then places were drawn for London Marathon. There were 7 of us and 3 places going.  First place to be drawn was Becky, then ME - YAY I am so happy and then there was Malc.

Next we had team awards from the Team Captain and I had won a ladies prize. I was really chuffed. What a good night for me. I got given strawberry flavoured recovery drink.

When I got home, I soon got on the phone to my Dad and Nan to tell them the good news. Now tomorrow I will have to go to the Post Office to send off the form for London Marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment