Monday 26 December 2011

Boxing Day Fun Run - Cross Country

I had my Dad with me today to cheer me on and take pictures. There were over 600 runners competing, it was such a bad dash at the start which was not very nice, there were feet and elbows everywhere people barging through and kids shouting GET OUT OF THE AWAY which was horrible. It wasn't too long before we had managed to space out a bit more. There were a few bottle necks along the way, first one being at the little bridge. I wasn't sure what to do as I did see others taking a short cut through the stream. I saw Kirsty in front going through the stream and thought, if she is going through and then so am I.  I felt stronger today as my calves didn't feel tight. I saw Faye along the way who gave me a cheer. So glad I had my spikes on and managed to pick people off on the hills. At the finishing line Kevin shouted to me that my pink trainers were no longer so pink! Felt I had a good run considering all those hills.

Time 30:40
Position 281 out of 630, so was pleased with that

No comments:

Post a Comment