Wednesday 18 January 2012

Couldn't be bothered

Tonight I had planned to run 6 miles. I had a stressful day at work having done two job interviews! I ended up leaving work late and driving home it was raining and also my legs felt tired yesterday. So I thought nah, I am not going to run tonight and go in the gym instead. Well I was in my running clothes and headed into the gym and I was quite hot before I even started and I was only in the gym for about 5 minutes, it wasn't even worth going up there. So then I had a jacuzzi to chill out.  I was chatting to friends in there and this older man piped up that he had done a marathon.  He said that he did the 1st and 2nd London Marathon. He was explaining that it was very different in his day, you didn't have the trainers like you have now and also the technical clothing and chip timing.  He talked me through the route and said that he felt like Big Ben was miles away when he first saw it until when he went past it.  He was also giving me tips on what to eat leading up to the run and during the run. He was very interesting. I was in the jacuzzi for about 1hr30minutes tonight.  I was like a prune!

No comments:

Post a Comment