Saturday 7 January 2012

Kent Champs - Cross Country Wilmington

Today was the Kent Championships at Wilimington. The men went first which was unusual as it is usually the ladies. So we had to wait in anticipation and we got to see how large the loops were. It was quite daunting and I didn't want to be last.  Anyway we set off and there were the three of us, me, Tina and Kirsty.  Kirsty being in the front of us and then Tina behind me. We stayed that way for a little while just before the end of the first loop and then I managed to catch Kirsty and be in front for a little while and then soon Kirsty and Tina caught me up and had managed to break away from me.  For all the run I could see Kirsty and Tina in front.  It was a nice flat course and wasn't too muddy. Along the way there were great marshalls cheering us on and also the men and Kim cheering us on giving us encouragement which was what we needed.  I was really pleased with my position as I was able to count about 6 behind me and pleased with my time as I guessed it could of taken me about 50 minutes being XCountry and I completed it in 42:14.  We stayed for the presentation and us ladies who had made a team of 6 came 3rd in the Kent Champs.  I was really pleased as it was great getting a place being part of the team.

Splits 8:12, 8:58, 9:09, 9:03, 9:08

Time 42:14
Position 76
Distance 4.75

No comments:

Post a Comment