Tuesday 24 January 2012

Winter Handicap

Today I printed off a marathon pace calculator. I put in my goal of 4hr20 and it gave me the time for each mile point.  I seem to be on target which is good. When I did 14 miles a couple of weeks ago I did it in 2:15 and the calculator says 2:18. The overall pace for 4hr20 is to run 9:55 min mile which I am running faster than that on my long runs. Average is not too much faster, so is about right.

Tonight was the winter handicap.  I started off at 2 minutes and had 2 others with me.  When we set off I managed to pull away from my group and soon caught up with the going off scratch and the 1 min runners. Running through the Golden Valley I could see Trudy and Alison who were not too far in front.  The gap was getting closer and closer and it wasn't until we reached Audley Road that I managed to run past them.  That meant I was in the front all the way.  It wasn't until I reached the last straight home that I got over taken by Rona and then shortly by Mark.  I didn't want anyone else to catch me so I floored it at the end.  So overall I was the 3rd person to come home. My highest position of coming home for the handicap. I felt good today on the run.

Another PB for me today by 1min7secs, goes show the training is paying off.  Each time I run up Sandgate Hill  now I seem to be faster.

Splits 7:45, 9:11, 8:30, 8:24, 7:48
Time 36:48
Distance 4:38

Splits from last handicap to compare the difference 7:44, 9:30, 8:59, 8:42, 7:52

No comments:

Post a Comment