Monday 6 February 2012

13 miles in the snow

We have had snow over the weekend and today I have the day off.  The plan was to run 13 miles.  So I thought I give it a go and see if it was possible to run in the snow and if not turn back.  I did my usual 13 mile route to the light railway.  It wasn't too bad, I was watching where I was going and tried to run in the snow rather than through the slush or on ice. The worst bits were crossing roads where it was particularly slushy. Cheriton High Street, there was a clear path and when I got onto Horn Street, I decided to run in the road which was safer. I continued to do this when I got on Seabrook Road and just got back on the path when there were cars coming.  Going through Hythe High Street, again the paths were clear and then running along the seafront from Hythe Imperial there was no snow and was then able to pick up some speed all the way along. Whilst running along the seafront I saw Chris who was on his bike and we had a quick chat. Running through the snow I got very wet feet!!!!

Splits 10:57, 11:01. 10:30, 10:55, 9:12, 9:33, 9:51, 9:58, 9:25, 9:16, 9:21, 9:36, 11:32
Time 2:11:06

I have now hit 300 miles since the start of my training!!

I went for a jacuzzi afterwards to warm up. It was hotter than normal today and I spent a bit too long in it. As when I got out I got dizzy and lightheaded and I was on my way to passing out.  Luckily I was able to sit down to let it pass without me keeling over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment