Tuesday 21 February 2012

Last Winter Handicap

Tonight was the last winter handicap for the season.  My start time had changed again and this time I was starting off at 3 minutes. So this time there was 5 of us and I was starting with Tash, Kirsty, Ray and Paul. It was quite tight at the start as we couldn't break away as there wasn't enough room.  Kirsty managed to break away first and then I got past Tash.  Then Ray and Paul caught up and overtook.  It wasn't long before Tash caught me and overtook.  I had managed to keep just behind Tash and on the hill Tash and I was closing the gap on Kirsty.  When we got to Grimston Avenue I had managed to get past Tash. Tash has had back trouble and could see she was in discomfort with it and asked if she was ok.  Leah soon caught me and overtook.  On the last stretch round I was running hard and was starting to feel a little sick but I was ok.  Got another PB, this time was 31 seconds quicker and from the handicap from October 11, I have improved by 2.49.

Splits 7:46, 8:54, 8:14, 8:16, 7:42
Time 36:17
Distance 4.40

October 11 Splits 8:01, 9:53, 9:13, 9:01, 7:50 so there is a definite improvement.  I looked back when I did my first handicap in January 2010 and my time was 45.07, a big improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment