Wednesday 22 February 2012

Tim's route - yeah right

I have started a new job this week and today I have had training in Ashford.  Tonight I am going to the cinema, so I thought I would stay in Ashford and do a run. Tim planned me out a nice route from Bannatynes which was loop that included Givaudan 10k route.  I started off and I was looking at my pace which was about 7min mile and then a bit later I was getting faster 5 min mile, down to 4 min mile and even under.  So I thought the setting on my watch must of changed to km instead on miles.  If it was in km, I would of been running between 5-6 min km. Cetainly not 4 min km. But later on it even crept up to about 10 min mile and 11 min mile and then I decided it can't be in km as if I was doing 11 min km I would of been walking.  Throughout the run the pace was just not right.  As I got to the end it said I did 6.45 miles in 47.09, so even the distance was not right.  When Tim mapped out the route it was 4.85 miles.

Anyway the run it self was a good run and was a nice change.

When I got home, I downloaded the run and it was in miles.  The route was in a straight line saying I went else where, showing I ran through Challock and Shottenden. The elevation gain was 328, 084.

My splits 6:11, 6:47, 11:15, 12:34, 3:38, 3:31, 7:08  that made me laugh!! What was my Garmin playing at!

Distance was actually 4.85
Time 47.09

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You have got very quick indeed! The new job must have come with a new pair of legs LOL

    ReplyDelete