Sunday 18 March 2012

Ashford & District 10k - Another fantastic PB by about 5 minutes

Today was Ashford and District 10K. Woke up to a nice warm sunny day, perfect conditions. It was a bit of a walk to the start line and it was marked depending on your finishing times. I stood by the 50 min mark with Tina, Tracey and Becky. We were soon off. Becky was the first to break away and I had managed to keep her in sight all the way. At the first km mark I was under 5 minutes so I was running about 5min Km's. So at each km mark I was doing my 5 times table and I was under which was great.  As last year I remember counting in 6 to get under 60 minutes. At around the 6km mark I was getting closer and closer to Becky and then I over took Andrew another club runner.  Then we reached 7km which was the hill and then I got past Becky at the top of the hill. The end was then getting in sight as we were approaching the start line to head back down the hill.  Still near to the end I was still running around 5minkm pace which was great and a PB was going to be on the cards around the 50 minute mark. Going down the hill to the finish I had cheers from Dave and Lucy who were taking pics. Just before the finishing line, Andrew full on sprinted past me. Just as I got to the finishing line, I was heaving over the fence just as the guy on the mike was shouting my name as I went through, oh well.

A fantastic run for me. 50:38. I certainly wasn't expecting to finish then and thought it would be more 53/54 minutes. Also I did 15 miles yesterday. All the running I am putting in is certainly paying off.  I felt really good through the race and strong.  Everyone at the club ran really well today and there were so many pb's. Great result.

I had made the Ladies team with Nikki and Lauren and we came 3rd!

Splits 8:02, 8:10, 7:59, 8:21, 8:41, 7:51, 8:21 - got some 7 minute something miles in there and all under 9!!
Time 50:40
Distance 10 km

Splits from the same race last year. 8:49, 9:23, 9:12, 9:44, 10:02, 8:54, 9:18 Time 57:40

Distance covered this week 39:59

Spinning

No comments:

Post a Comment