Saturday 19 November 2011

10 miles in the sunshine

Today I thought I would get a long run in as I haven't done one since the Great South and I want to keep my distance up in preparation for marathon training.  It was a glorious morning with the sun shining and was quite warm, (very warm for November). So glad I decided to wear a t-shirt! My good running came to end today and  my legs certainly felt it. My legs were so tired and heavy and was difficult to pick up the pace. I was running over 10 minute miles which isn't too good. My route had some hills as well as downhill going down Horn Street. I so needed that downhill and then I was able to pick up the pace. It wasn't until about 5 miles my legs felt better and I was able to speed up a bit. Running back along the seafront I saw quite a few people from the gym and that gave me a boost! First I saw a group of guys on bike and got a wave, so I waved back. I thought it was random being nice but no it was someone from the gym I chat to and only found that out after my run when I went for a jacuzzi.  Then I saw another 3 girls from the gym (including my spinning instructor), so that made me run faster. Then I got to ziggy zaggy path and saw Simon from the gym. So I definitely had to run all the way to the top lol. I had turned around too soon along the beach so I had to make up about a mile on the Leas.  The last  half of the run I was running quicker around 9.30 min miles so that was better.  On the plus side today, least I had practice with running with tired legs!

Completed in 1:42, could of been quicker but never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment