Tuesday 15 November 2011

Club night - so so cold tonight

Hill session. We did our warm up running to Sandgate Hill. We split into two groups, the men and the women. Our first hill reps were on the top half of the hill running for 10 minutes.  The first rep I was at the front with Catherine and Tash all the way to the top. My recovery that I needed was longer than theirs so that meant the gap got bigger and wasn't able to keep up to be able to start off with them. On the last rep, I practised my cross country tactics and managed to pick off three up the hill. The next lot of reps were on the lower hill doing long and medium reps, doing this alternately again for 10 minutes. For the first rep I was at the front and near to the top, Catherine and Tash caught me up.  I was pleased that I was able to do this. Tonight I felt strong on the hills and certainly the cross country sessions/races and stepping up of my running is paying off.  Then we ran back to the club. I enjoyed the session.

Covered just over 5 miles.

The heating is certainly going on tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment