Wednesday 16 November 2011

6 steady miles turned into 10k pb!

Tonight I ran Grahame's route from the gym doing 6 miles. Tonight I felt good and my pace just kept getting faster and faster. My breathing felt comfortable, nice and steady, my legs felt strong and not tired, achy or heavy.  So I thought I would just carry on with my fast pace as I was comfortable. As I was making good time I thought I would slightly extend the run into 10k. I did 6.11 miles in 54:15. I thought this was 10k, but 10k is more 6.20 miles. If I carried on to 6.20 my time would of been around 54.30, a PB!! My fastest 10k is 55.08. So I was really happy with that considering it wasn't under race conditions and there was a hill.

I am having a good week with running so far. Feeling strong.

After half way I was running about 8.38 min miles till near the very end so very pleased with myself so keep that speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment